Saturday, December 24, 2005

Leaving TV

Today was my last day as an employed person. I've decided to take a break from TV, and the politics that goes with it. I'm looking forward to what the next year will bring me. I'm now pressured to change my blog name, but for now, I'm stuck. Of anyone has any suggestions, do let me know.

Working in TV has given me a unique perspective on the local showbiz industry. I've been privy to how some of our biggest stars act when the cameras aren't rolling (Alma Moreno Forever! Fans kita, miss Ness!). I've worked under conditions that would have made other people give up (or sue, or complain about human rights violations and/or gender discrimination -- or is it jealousy?). And I loved every minute of it. Well, I love every minute of it only in restrospect.

Having worked in TV has made me not so quick to judge the quality and content of local production. It's also made me more critical of our "star" system. Up to now, I still don't understand how someone who thinks that blood comes in different colors (to tell the types apart, see?) earns more than I do.

Maybe if I lost twenty pounds and a hundred and twenty IQ points...

Be that as it may, I'm going to miss working in TV. I have no idea what's out there for me now, and I can't wait to find out.

No comments: