Friday, December 28, 2007

Open Doors

Am supporting this organization called Open Doors, which seeks to bring the Word of God to countries where the Word of God is illegal. We’re talking North Korea, the Middle East, parts of Africa, etc., where being a Christian or spreading the faith could get you humiliated at the very least, or at worst, dead.

I have many reasons for supporting this organization:
1. I believe you should be free to choose. Your clothes, your hairstyle, your religion. Whatever. As long as you choose it for yourself.

2. I’ve always wanted to be part of a social force, I’m just too lazy to do so. I supported Greenpeace and PETA in high school when they weren’t in the Philippines yet but now that they’re here and there’s an actual threat of having to – gasp – volunteer, I think I’ll support another organization that needs the only thing that I can give – money.

3. A Christian organization that subverts the status quo? Count me in! I’m earning brownie points with God while breaking the law! That’s two birds with one stone! How cool is that? I just need to remember not to travel to any of these countries lest they’ve got my name on some wanted list. Or if I do, I’ll remember to pack a fake nose and mustache.

So, if you want to ease your Christian conscience and feed your rebellious side at the same time, you know which organization can help you do that.

Google their site and check them out (Yes, I'm too lazy to post it here)!

No comments: