Friday, January 30, 2009

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Spent the morning at my aunt's house today. We caught up, she tried out a successful recipe for bottled sardines (the kind in oil) and we watched Pride and Prejudice. My favorite romantic movies are The Bachelor and Fight Club, so I didn't know if I would like the Jane Austen classic. But lo and behold, I found myself engrossed in the Bennet family's quest to wed. It helped that I was totally smitten by Mr. Darcy (Matthew Mcfayden) from the first minute he stepped into the scene. He's like a younger Snape, and I do like my Alan Rickman.

I thought that would be the last of my brush with the dour but dashing Mr. Darcy, and that Pride and Prejudice couldn't get any better. Then Erwin sent me this. How can you go wrong? It's already a novel about differences in social stations; isn't zombeism a form of class?

I already heart Mr. Darcy, but I think I'd heart him more if he were a zombie.

No comments: