Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Buhayin ang Sheryl Cruz Fans Club!

19 January, 2006

Whether you admit it or not, if you grew up in the 80’s, Sheryl Cruz was a big part of your consciousness. We visited the set of GMA’s noontime soap Now and Forever, where I got to interview pop icons from my past (I’m showing my age!) like Sheryl Cruz and Jennifer Sevilla. Now if only Romnick were there to complete the picture…


Image hosting by Photobucket

I also got to interview Yasmein Kurdi, Ailyn Luna, and Ms. Sandi Andolong. Everyone was nice (I feel that I keep repeating myself, saying this every time I interview someone, but what ca I do? They really are all nice so far), and I got a kick out of the thought of being in the same room with people I used to watch on screen or TV when I was six. These days, all my cheap thrills comes from meeting people I used to watch as a child. Apparently, I wasn’t the only one who indulged in her childhood fantasies because our photographer has her picture taken with Sheryl to show to her boyfriend, who used to have a big crush on her (Sheryl) when he was growing up.

I think that people who were kids in the 80’s tend to cling to the past more. I don’t know why. It’s just something that I’ve observed. Maybe it was all the hairspray, or maybe it was all the foam from our shoulder pads that got to out heads but we can’t seem to let go of the things we loved and grew up with. I’m almost thirty and I still read comics (Ennis rocks!), I still squeal whenever I’m within hearing distance of a boy band song and I still don’t want to get a 9 to 5 job, none of which, by my parents’ standards, is adult behavior. Oh well. If Jim Lee can afford a mansion from just drawing comics, I don’t think we’re going to call his work un-adult just because he doesn’t go to a regular office.

No comments: