Thursday, November 16, 2006

Why Mario Dumawal Must Die

I'm not even sure I spelled his name right. All I know is Mario Dumawal, senior showbiz reporter for TV Patrol has no breeding. I was interviewing Alfred Vargas during the Gigil press con when he suddenly appeared, TV crew behind him, and proceeded to inteview Alfred IN THE MIDDLE of my interview!

Some actors, like Pavlov's dog, are conditioned to respond to a TV crew -- the actors, not the dog -- so Alfred went along and answered Mario's cohort's questions. My first impulse was to pick a fight. My second impulse was to walk away, crossing the camera's line of sight and thereby ruining their footage. But then, I didn't want Mother Lily banning us from all her press cons, or to give anyone the chance to say that people from our channel like to pick fights.

So I let Mario and the rest of his uneducated crew finish their interview, keeping my recorder on the whole time. I've already used Alfred's answers to their questions in my article. Call it passive revenge. And I didn't even have to make a scene!

No comments: