Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Cebu... B?

Just got back from a work-related trip to Cebu. I want to go back! That was only my second time on the island, and I think my first time in the city proper. Since work meant that I had to be cooped up in the hotel all day (a not unpleasant experience), I only got the chance to see the sights at night. You cannot imagine how hard it is to find a decent place to hang out there on a Monday night. Any other day of the week though, the place is buzzing with a distinct island flavor.

And the food! I think I had the best-tasting uni there. And the services are cheap, too. Got a facial with a diamond peel at Pranav, the spa in the Crown Regency, the lovely hotel we stayed in, for Php560 (that's with a 30% discount). Also found out that the hotel's General Manager was a few batches below my dad in La Salle. I didn't think that I would have any use, save sentimental ones, for my dad's numerous stories about his high school friends but apparently, it makes for great conversation with another La Sallian of that generation. I wonder why we don't get the same kind of camaraderie in all-girls schools. Probably because we're too busy catfighting. Rwowr!

No comments: