Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Cirio Santiago, RIP

I've been so busy lately that it wasn't until today that I heard about Cirio Santiago's passing last September 26.

Kind of sad that his claim to fame now is being one of Quentin Tarantino's idols, especially since he's done a lot for cinema on a worldwide basis. Funny how one of the proponents of blacksploitation wasn't black...

I had the wonderful opportunity to interview Cirio a few months ago for a piece in Rogue magazine. He was funny, witty, and full of good advice, especially in business. He was first and foremost a businessman. Directing was something he did for fun. I remember he gave me sound business advice, as well as a short history on the American occupation, having lived through it himself.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Santiago.

No comments: