Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Shameless Self-Promotion October 2008

Preview
October 2008

I wrote a feature on Sarah Geronimo for the cover story, as well as some of the profiles for the Creative It List.

Preview is my absolute favorite fashion magazine (and that's for both foreign and local brands, folks!) so it's a real honor to finally be able to write for it.

Homestyle
October 2008

I did book, movie and music reviews for this issue. The theme: youth.

Story Philippines
October 2008

I'm not sure if the issue is out yet but my story "The Bridge" is in it. It's about a psychic girl and is set in Leyte in 1973. Why so specific a date? You'l have to read it to find out!

Philippines Free Press
Sometime soon

I don't have the exact date for this but my story "Her Room was Her Temple" will be coming out in the Free Press "sometime soon," according to Literary Editor Sarge Lacuesta. "Her Room" is about a family guy who discovers his dark side in the mean streets of Makati. This will be my first horror story for the said publication.

Digest of Philippine Genre Stories
October 2008

I'm editing a special Halloween issue of Philippine Genre Stories. I'm pretty proud of the story selection, which I hope will make readers redefine their notion of what horror is. I made it a point to read the submissions without knowing who wrote them (fortunately, I'm very forgetful) and I based everything on whether I felt it was for the publication or not.

We were very hapy to have Nelz Yumul of WeWillDoodle do the cover, which is an unnerving combination of bright and scary. Like the stories inside, I hope that just the cover will make you rethink what horror is.

I would like to thank Kenneth Yu, PGS Publisher, for being patient with me throughout the whole process. I would also like to thank Elbert Or and his superb art dictating -- I mean, directing. :)

2 comments:

Cleod said...

I got my Preview just last week - what a pleasant surprise to see mo gradh's words as THE cover story! :)

Yvette Tan said...

Hee. I blushes. :D