Thursday, July 12, 2007

San Juan Motto

I love San Juan. Ever since I was a child, I've dreamed of living here. So you can guess how happy I was that our little town is now a city.

Being a city, aside from getting all the cool perks of budget and zoning and whatnot, there is also the responsibility to market ourself as a metropolis opf growth and opportunity. With this in mine, I have taken it upon myself to come up with a slogan for San Juan, one that incorporates its significance in the country's independence (many battles between the Filipinos and their Spanish oppressors were fought here) and its colorful traditions, like the Feast of San Juan, where people drench each other with water. And so, with this in mind, I've come up with the slogan: "San Juan: Getting folks wet since 1896."

I think it works, don't you? *ducks*

No comments: