Wednesday, July 04, 2007

One Night Story

I couldn't sleep last night so I ended up writing a whole story from scratch. It's been a while since I wrote anything, and I don't think I've ever accopmplished a piece in one sitting before! Thet's not the only strange thing about this story. It's not horror (gasp!) and I'm in it. It's set last year and basically, the premise is that I get a phone call from my dead father. I've always wanted to do a piece that touches on that subject, and I guess this is it. I've never adhered to the "write what you know" adage (how else could I write about death? I've never died... I think) but I broke that rule for this one.

I don't know what I'm doing being awake at night on a work day writing stories that don't scare people.

And yes, I still miss my father.

No comments: