In a glorious example of separation between te Church and the State, Brother Mike Velarde is urging Church Leaders to place their bets for te coming election so that the people will know who to vote for.
Again, from the Inquirer, he says: "They can just whisper their names and [the names] will spread to the people."
In this spirit, I'd like to announce that I'm leaving for the seminary next week, so that I can become a priest and so that I can whisper to my constituents my choices for Senatoriables.
1. Frosty the Snowman - lagyan ng air con ang Pinas!
2. The Tooth Fairy - comprehensive dental plans for everyone!
3. Santa Claus - gifts for all
4. The Easter Bunny - becasue we're a Christian/ heathen country, even though we won't admit it, and because I owe him money
5. Zsa Zsa Zaturnah - to represent the GLBT sector
6. Captain Barbell - because a strong country needs a strong man
7. Daddy Warbucks - because everybody could stand to benefit from a rich fafa (we'll have to grant him citizenship, first)
8. Maria Makiling - because I owe her money, too; plus, we need an environmentalist
And because I'm all for democracy, the poeple can choose their last four candidates themselves. I hear Shaider wants to run.
Oh, here's Bro. Mike's defense for his non-separation o Church and State statement, also from today's PDI:
"My position is the separation of Church and State does not apply to the process of selecting leaders because this is te time when leaders of the Church should have active participation not just in setting guidelines but also in guiding the flock on who the right candidates are."
Flock is right.