Monday, February 13, 2006

The Not-so-fine Art of Improv

February 01, 2006

Visited the set of All Star K today. Too bad I didn’t bring my camera. I got dragged along at the spur of the moment. They were taping two episodes, so I got to interview a lot of celebs from different shows. There was Jaya and Allan K, of course, the All Star K hosts. I couldn’t help but go into semi-fan girl mode around Allan. I told him that I saw him as a child in the 80’s when my parents took us kids to one of his shows in a bar that my cousin’s uncle used to own. I even remembered some of his routines. I said, “You made my childhood.” He laughed and said, “Childhood talaga, ha!”

There was also Ogie and Regine, who I interviewed for their concert, Jose Manalo, who I interviewed for H3O and Eat Bulaga, Ryan Eigenman, who I interviewed for Etheria (I actually forgot my last question because I got sort of distracted, hehehe) and Jake Cuenca, for my own personal purposes. Just kidding. I interviewed him for Love 2 Love, where he’s teamed up with Jennilyn Mercado. There was a point where Connie, my companion, introduced me to someone as the person who was going to interview him. I think I did pretty well, considering I didn’t have a clue who he was. I’m not putting his name here because it’s too embarrassing. The gods of improvisation must have been watching out for me. Good thing!

No comments: