Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Small Wonder, de ja vu?

February 03, 2006

Visited the set of Ay, Robot, where I got to interview the cast. We stayed to watch part of the taping and it was hard to stay quiet and not laugh because the episode was funny. Okay, not funny as in Frasier, or even Friends, but funny in the way a good, old-fashioned, family-oriented Filipino sitcom can be (do I sound like a press release already?).

Image hosting by Photobucket

The highlight of the set visit was my interview with Eunice and Sam, the two kids in the show. Now, I’ve interviewed children before for the Junior Inquirer, but I’ve never interviewed really young kids. It’s part interviewing, part babysitting. Fun, but tiring. The girls were angels, but at one point, Eunice was teasing Sam and that made her cry. Eunice immediately said sorry, and Sam immediately stopped crying. When I say immediately, I mean immediately. It was interesting to watch because I don’t think you’d get that fast a reaction with non-showbiz kids.

Eunice was so cute, she even told me, out of the blue, who her crush was. Sam, who’s a bit more mature, claimed that she was immune to such childish affectations (My words, not hers. She just said “Wala!”). This probably means my brain is the same age as Eunice’s, considering that I go around telling perfect strangers, including the person in question, who my crush is (Howie, I crush you!).

Okay, that had nothing to do with the set visit. I just wanted to use “I crush you” in a sentence, which I have, so there.

No comments: